"I Dance"


The rains have forsaken us, madness has prevailed among the people,
And the curse of the western gods still lurks within the forests.
My country is weeping.


Here I am, dancing for this land, the sanctuary of my people;
With as much spirit as a mocking bird singing endlessly in the heat of the sun.
The music of the pulsating drums is washing away the dust from my soul,
And I can feel the wind around me, whispering softly as I reach for the skies.


I will continue dancing to chase the angels of death away;
To revive the spirits of the Motherland that had been doomed to suffer under his rule.
I will not stop until my very last breathe.


BAYETHE!




P.S-“Bayethe” is an old African expression used especially in times of celebration. 
-It was quite common after the release of Nelson Mandela, as South Africans celebrated his release.

PP.S-The young man in the image is not me (although I have indulged in African traditional dance before).

0 comments:

 

This Template is Brought to you by : Zenplate.blogspot.com blogger templates